Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Into Every Life, A Little Rain Must Fall

That rule applies even to Minor League Baseball. My game got rained out. I can't say I didn't have fun anyway. It was still much better a time than a Cubs or Sox game.

Being game 2 of a best-of-five championship series, tonight's game was suspended and will be made up tomorrow night. My ticket stub guarantees me a spot in the stands if I can make it. I called my brother to let him know he can see a game this Friday in Grand Rapids.

Kind of a let-down after a fantastic summer in the sun, but I didn't expect it to be grand or historic. How could I top my previous game?

During the rain delay I actually got a little teary-eyed. The Cougars were playing a tape of This Week in Baseball (NOT the same without the late, great Mel Allen) and one segment featured Harry Caray singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" and the story behind its tradition at Wrigley Field.

I used to loathe Harry and his asinine comments & his singing. Ever since the day he died I've missed the bastard. This year especially,I hear that stupid song and I miss being a kid, playing catch with my dad or my brother, & living a simpler life without so many complications.

I hope I can go to one last game before it all goes away for the winter.

Without reserve, I love the game of baseball.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home