Adorable 7 inch Penguins that desperately need a good home!
CLICK HERE for Details! Click, DAMN YOU!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Header designed by Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web Services

Copyright Andy Martello, All Rights Reserved

Friday, August 27, 2004

One Bloggy Evening: Another Damn Blog???

Yes indeed, there is yet another BLOG cloggin' up the World Wide Web. Why should my blog be any different from every other one in the world? Because I have no idea what I am doing nor do I know why I even need a damned blog!

I've been writing an awful lot for an online magazine called The Cheers as well as starting work for a new mag called Eklektikos. While I'd never fancied myself to be a writer before, I sure as hell hope I could be one now.

If you found this site through my website you know that I am a comedian, juggler, fire eater, plate spinner, etc. But "writer" is something of a new venture for me. Sure, I've written comedy routines and sketches in the past, but writing an actual column for a magazine or newspaper is just a foreign concept to me altogether. So when I started working for The Cheers I wasn't sure just how my little weekly dose of humor & commentary would go over with the general public.

As it happens, no fewer than SEVEN of my past articles have been included in the "Best of The Cheers" issue and I am very pleased to see some of my work gathering such positive responses from folks I don't even know. Whether or not this all means I CAN write or that I may one day sell any books is still up in the air. What I do know is that I'd like to help build the readership of any place stupid enough to publish my stories, and I certainly want to continue to build my own audience. One night I was introduced to the concept of blogging.

Blogs seem to be growing in popularity throughout the web and I see no reason why I shouldn't join the fold. I can use this place to promote my work, bring my writing to a wider audience, as well as just keep track of the nonsense that happens in my everyday life. PLUS, this place is FREE so how can I go wrong?

Anyway, please check out the above links and of course, check back to see how miserably I screw up all the easy-to-follow templates and instructions provided for me. I'm sure you'll all get a BIG laugh out of my incompetence. In theory I can add pictures, graphics, and all that stuff. For now, I'll be happy if I have no typos.

Oh yeah, if any of you are in Addison, IL and would like to come on out to see me at the Addison Days Festival, I'm there Friday through Sunday.

Later

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home